Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I Want the Boogeyman Back

It’s 3:20am on a Tuesday morning and I won’t go to sleep. I had a nightmare and now I’m afraid to drift off and experience it again. It’s not so much a dream as it is a sensation. And I’ve had it before. I can’t remember if I’ve felt this twice, but I definitely had this nightmare once before.
If you’ve read Harry Potter and you know what the dementors are, I’m pretty sure J.K. Rowling had this feeling too and used it as her basis for the dementors.
Not feeling safe in my bed, I turned my lamp on. Then I put on my glasses, opened my laptop, and started writing. I like that my nightmare sounded ridiculous when written down because I know that it was. It’s just hard telling myself that when I did just feel it.

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares