Friday, March 04, 2005

Thou Shalt Not Use The Allman Brothers' Name in Vain

I started reading an article in the NYTimes, and when I came up to this part, "the band occupies cultural real estate somewhere between William Faulkner and the Allman Brothers," I immediately stopped reading the article and ran to their site to hear what they've got.
Well, they suck. It's not that their music or production value's all that bad, but the thing that makes the ABB as great as they are is their commitment to their blues influence and Southern roots. This band? They just don't have that.
I can't imagine what David Carr was thinking when he mentioned the Allman Brothers. I mean, really, do we fans look like we can be fooled that easily?

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares