Monday, October 17, 2005

I Love the Golan Heights

I almost almost booked a ticket to Israel today. But alas, I did not. I will soon, though. It just didn't make sense to book it this early when the flights are still very empty. Anyway, I'm writing this because you cannot understand my excitement at the prospect of returning to Israel unless I start preparing you now.
You will be hearing about it again when I book the ticket. You will probably be hearing about it more when I'm making all my plans. And you will DEFINITELY hear about it when I'm back. So, for now the plan is to go at the end of December (after my friends' wedding) and to return at the end of January (like a day before spring semester begins).
And that is all. So far.
Here're a few poorly scanned pictures from my last trip to Israel!
The Old City:

The Golan Heights:

My friend Chaya and I with one of our Golan tour guides (Eidan) in the Golan:

Did I ever mention how much I love the Golan Heights and how much more I'd love to live there?

9 original thoughts out there

Blogger ifyouwillit... said...

Rock on... the golan is beautiful!

Monday, October 17, 2005 4:17:00 AM  
Blogger _ said...

that picture of the old city is so grainy, distressed, wicked cool. it almost looks unreal, or like a painting.

i dig, i dig.im going to israel in december. flights are cheap now.

but only now.

Monday, October 17, 2005 4:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowza! That Golan picture is wicked! Was last winter so soggy? Israel is all dried up now. Then again, that will make you face a really different desert land of camels, winstons and kent-smoking taxi drivers.

Pre-welcome greetings!

Monday, October 17, 2005 5:47:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Yes, Aaron, that is the result of a bad scanner and very terrible Photoshop efforts to bring it back to what it was. :)

And MP, I wish that were last winter, but it's really from two winters ago...I really can't wait to come again!

Monday, October 17, 2005 7:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to live in the golan heights also! okay, so since my best friend is moving next door, and my other best friend is moving in on the other side, you should live across the street. that way i can still see my children.

Monday, October 17, 2005 10:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally understand where you are coming from. it'sd been about three years since I was last there ad I have the Israel bug really bad. Unfortunately, I don't forsee the next time I will be able to go which makes me beyond sad.

Alas. Well, there's always Israel South (Miami)...

Monday, October 17, 2005 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Cool. Nice pics.

My buddy Dave (davebarcelona.com) just got back from Israel not too long ago. He took some pics and told me a little of the history of each picture. So much history. Haven't been there yet though.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:13:00 PM  
Blogger Ittay said...

shalom,
i was in the golan last week. from an aussie perspectove, the many eucalyptus treesmade me feel just like home. I vistied nimrods castle. It never ceases to amaze me what a good old fashioned war can inspire man to do.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:44:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Tova! I can't raise your kids, because (G-d willing) I will be very busy with someone else's kids. Namely, my own. But they can come over and play any time (except for after supper time, that'll have to be relaxing time). Is it a little scary that I call everything "times?" It's like I have a schedule already. Wake up time, get ready for school time, breakfast time...whoa...

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares