Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I'm a Meanie Sometimes

I've become pretty mean as of late. I'm not sure if this is the reason, but I have a feeling that it's because I started using "names." Names like "stupidhead" and "idiot." Sounds a little silly, I know, but it's true.

There are three levels to existence:
1. machshava: thought
2. debor: speech
3. maaseh: action

Allowing myself such ease with disrespecting other people through speech is really too close to disrespecting people with action. So now I will try to stop "calling names."
(Btw, I tried this before, when I thought I was saying Hell and Heck too much, and it worked. So I have faith.)

3 original thoughts out there

Blogger Sara said...

wow- ur shtakness inspires me! im extra extra machmir b4 yom kippur and i eat as much ice cream as i can b4 the fast- starting shki'ah the night before- to cram in as many mitzvot as possible. leshana habah b'jerusalem!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:45:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Sara, I know you think you fixed your blogger profile, but you haven't. I don't need you too--I have the link to your blog on my page. But I'm just saying...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Dindel said...

It’s all relative. I was reading in sefer Chofitz Chaim (yea Chabadnicks do that... :) anyhow. It was saying "A person who would look down upon someone -i.e. disrespecting them. Is a person who doesn’t believe in g-d" you’re directly talking down upon Hashem. Because he created us all and we all have a piece of Hashem within us. There for by talking down on someone else you’re disrespecting Hashem directly… not going to go in to a whole D’vray Torah, but that was the joist of it.

Friday, October 14, 2005 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares