Friday, October 28, 2005

Pass the Smelling Salts, Please

Remember when President Bush fainted from a pretzel? I did the same thing last night from chulent! Not that this is something to boast about, but just...y'know.

It was actually a little freaky, since I'm not a fainter, but I'm over it now. Now I'm just all that much cooler because I can say, "I suffered a spell."

Shabbat shalom, everyone!

UPDATE: So I just realized that unless you know what happened, this makes no sense. Here's what happened: I was in the Hillel room for about 10 minutes, there were a million point five people and then someone said, "let's have chulent." So I went over to the chulent pot and I only wanted a sweet potato, but Ben scooped some into a cup and I was going to share with him, so he could have the beans that came along with the potato. Then I took some and it was yummy and then I took a little more, but there was too much on the spoon and I blew on it and then I ate it and it was too hot, so I felt it going down (y'know that feeling?) and then I clenched my stomach cause it was burning and Ben said, "are you okay?" and I said, "no, no" and then apparently, I collapsed and my legs were shaking and then Ben picked me up onto a chair and my head was shaking, but my eyes were open and I was staring at him blankly and then I fell off the chair again onto the floor and when they were helping me up, I woke out of it and they walked me to the door and out of the room. And then I ate cookies and drank a lot of water. My friend diagnosed me: When you swallow something too large it sometimes presses against the vagus nerve which can sometimes cause fainting. And that's that!

6 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how are you feeling? did you go to the doctor?

don't worry about it... much like the beatles, randy often makes the girls swoon and shake -- it was probably his serenade where he named every single country... certaintly made me feel a bit dizzy.

Friday, October 28, 2005 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Oh yes! It must've been his song! Thanks!!!

Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still say you should have a doctor diagnose you.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:21:00 PM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

i would have taken advantage and looked at your knee

Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

what is a vagus nerve?

Sunday, October 30, 2005 1:28:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

It runs alongside your esophagus.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 6:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares