Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Banks and Books

While running to my car (yes, I run on days when I wear sneakers) from a meeting I had at the WZO, I passed the bank I interned at the summer I was seventeen.
I am so different than I was when I worked there that I actually started laughing out loud while running on the sidewalk in New York City. Yes, I have issues.
That internship was, without a question, the worse job I ever had. But while my job sucked really bad, my summer was amazing. I was actually thinking about that the other day while I was cleaning my room and listening to Janis. Every time I listen to Janis Joplin, it reminds me of the time I was in Bryant Park on a Wednesday afternoon (I called in sick at work that day) and Broadway at the Park...or what ever it is they called it...was there and they were singing songs from "Love, Janis" while I laid on the grass reading Fight Club and drinking an iced smoothie drink thing from Ben & Jerry's. That was the day I fell in love with Janis Joplin and permanently associated hangovers with happiness. Ah, bliss.

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares