Monday, March 07, 2005

Oh, That Bus...

I drove to school today because I didn’t want to have to take the bus. There’s a song by The Band called Twilight. It goes, "Don't leave me alone in the twilight/'cause twilight is the loneliest time of day." But we all know that isn’t true (only mentioning it because I was listening to The Band while driving in).
The loneliest time of day is when you’re on the bus by yourself. See, no matter how down or unhappy or upset you are, when you're around other people you have to be happy. When you're in class, you're not going to mope. When you're hanging with friends, you're not going to frown. But when you're sitting alone on the bus staring out the window at the wasteland of New Jersey on your way home with only your thoughts and emotions to keep you entertained, it's depressing. Couple that with a cloud of downness that hit you a while ago and has yet to lift and by the time the bus is rolling out of the tunnel, you've got tears rolling down your face.
Not that I was lonely today, but I was upset and spacey and unhungry. So I drove. Works for me.

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares