Monday, April 11, 2005

My Songs

I'm pretty sure that at about this time every year, I find that I can sum up what is foremost on my mind in a Dylan or Eagles song.
Last year's song: It Ain't Me Babe.
"I'm not the one you want, babe,I'm not the one you need," and, "Go melt back into the night, babe, everything inside is made of stone. There's nothing in here moving an' anyway I'm not alone," were my feelings in a nutshell.
The year before: Wasted Time.
"You don't care much for a stranger's touch but you can't hold your man," and, "You didn't love the boy too much, no no, you just loved the boy too well," were the lines I felt then.
And now, for this year's song...
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
From, "An' it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe, if you don't know by now," to "Still I wish there was somethin' you would do or say to try and make me change my mind and stay. We never did too much talkin' anyway, so don't think twice, it's all right," to, "But goodbye's too good a word, gal, so I'll just say fare thee well. I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind, you could have done better but I don't mind. You just kinda wasted my precious time, but don't think twice, it's all right."
Eh, I'll shut up.

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares