Monday, May 30, 2005

Here's to Sleep

The simplest way to fall asleep, I find, is to cry myself into it. Unfortunately (or not), I'm not very sad or emotional right now. So crying isn't going to happen. What's worse is that instead of being able to shut down my computer, turn down my light, and conk out, I am usually at my most creative between 2-4 and 7-9 am. Right now when my eyes are burning and I'm dying to fall asleep? Oh, my mind's a-creatin'.

That's right, I'm writing a story. It's a wonderful story with a working title of Laxatives. Yeah, Laxatives.

For every day of shooting a film, there's like 3 or 4 minutes of actual usable footage. For every 'graph I write, or maybe even page, there's about one good line I might keep.

So why am I up at 2:55am, alone in bed with my laptop on? Why, it's because I'm writing a story full of crap, of course.

1 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you on the late-night creativity thing. Unfortunately.
:)

Monday, May 30, 2005 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares