Sunday, July 10, 2005

I Can't Even Count How Many Times

Let's talk about my Shabbos. Miryam and I stayed at Chaya in Brooklyn and for the umpteenth time in this short little weekend, I will repeat that I love Chaya's mother. She made vegetable soup instead of chicken for me and a billion different kugels and salads.

Friday night, as we were about to go wash, we heard knocking at the front door. Chaya's mother went to answer it and, lo and behold, it was Doni and Prince! Mir and I told them to walk over Friday night, but they finished their meal so fast that they got to us before we even started.

Aside from the delicious food, the meal was just Chaya's Israeli mother and Doni having this conversation repeatedly:
"Doni, you would like some salad?"
"Yes."
"Doni, you would like potato kugel--it's very good?"
"Yes."
"The fish is good. Doni, want to have?"
"Yes."
It was the absolute most ridiculously funny thing I've seen since that time my dad said, "Doni, why don't you have a catch with Joshy?" And he said, "Mmmm...Okay."

Saturday night we did the movie/hookah/beer thing (that means some movied, some hookahed, some beered, some did more than one) at Doni's house with Doni, Shmends, and their friend Aroni. Steve was invited but he never came.

5 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh?

Sunday, July 10, 2005 9:57:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Um...?

Sunday, July 10, 2005 1:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, Chaya's mother is awesome. The reason she supports your eating habits is because she thinks you have a hot "guf," but then again she likes a man like Prince. Ya know, a man who sticks to is decisions. As for Donso, I think I might be able to take advantage of his "yes-man" nature. Nice. ;)

Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

i am so offended by the way you put "steve was invited but never came"....i wanted to come u know i did :(

Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Sorry Steve! I thought that you just didn't want to come and I was insulted. I didn't realize that you woulda come over but we were already going to sleep. You know I love you, my very own (insert the secret body part--you know what I'm talking about).

Monday, July 11, 2005 12:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares