Friday, July 22, 2005

I Saw a Mother Deer and Two Bambies 10 Feet Away from My Kitchen

My mother just called me and my brother into the kitchen so that we could see this gorgeous deer. She was just standing right outside the kitchen doors staring in at us.

Last night, I spoke to someone over the phone who told me that he hates where I live.

"It's in the middle of nowhere--it's not close to anything," the Long Island boy argued.

I live forty minutes north of the city. If you want to go anywhere--the city, more inland, to Jersey, Connecticut, South, North, West, East--I'm central. But I guess to those who live on the island, there's never any need to stretch past the city. All I know is that I'd never trade living next door to a woods (okay, so my house is the last on a dead end) for the convenience of public transportation. It just doesn't equal up for me.

7 original thoughts out there

Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

what an insightful thought for such a young lady, bravo. i live in the country too. we have deer in our yard often. in the back yard is a pond with a mother duck and 6 babies. the list goes on and on. but ya know, i would really like to be near city, too, just for some action once in a while! i live in western montana...in a town of 650 people and the closest fast food place or town larger than is is 50 miles away, through the madison river canyon. sound nice? it is. sound secluded in the winter months? it is. sound cold? it is. sometimes i wish for what i don't have, sometimes i am an content here. just depends on the moon cycle! lol

Friday, July 22, 2005 6:06:00 PM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

ms. ellie!!!! i love montana they have the speedlimit less highway...and i have a very good friend who lives in Missoula do u know where that is???

Friday, July 22, 2005 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

yes, but now they do have a speedlimit....bummer, huh? i am about 3 hours from missoula, cool place. where are you?

Friday, July 22, 2005 11:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is the middle of nowhere... and we have nature. what do you call central park?

Saturday, July 23, 2005 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Central Park is gorgeous. But there are no deer. There are no groundhogs. There are just birds and squirrels. (And tons and tons of babies. :))

Saturday, July 23, 2005 10:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long Island has awful public transportation. The only decent but crazy expensive thing is the LIRR which takes you to the city. Monsey is just creepy because its suburbia with tons of chassidim. They look weird in anywhere but the city (all boros) and new square.

Sunday, July 24, 2005 12:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The city is good, the country is good. Dodging bears is fun, dodging crackheads is fun. BUT when it comes to food the county wins. What Dina doesn't know is how tasty deer are! Cloven hoof I know
I know! Bamby Burgers are my favorite food.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 12:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares