Thursday, November 24, 2005

On White

I heard my mother knocking on my bedroom door.
"Dina...Dina, did you want to wake up?"
"Yes." I said. Apparently my mouth wakes up before my mind.
"Because I heard your alarm go off earlier."
9:33. I had set it for 9:00. Stupid optimist.
"Um, yeah...no. I'll sleep until 9:45."
I ended up getting out of bed somewhere around the ten to ten area.

I walked dazedly to get my bathrobe and while doing so, turned around in my room until I was facing the window. And out of the window--at the snow on the ground.

The truth is, I think scientifically the snow would be categorized as "flurries that just didn't melt." But you know what? I don't care. There's whiteness and the whiteness is on the very hard and very bare earth. And that's enough for me.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

6 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know the password to your vagina

Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hint: not shibboleth

Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

wow im not even gonna ask about the previous 2 comments.
so i dont want to sound like a copy cat, but i love the way you write!!!! youre a magnificent storyteller

Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did she ever tell you the story of the guy who noticed her shoes? oh, man, ben, remember that story... good times... good times!

Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what snow? i don't see snow. oh right... you live upstate. :-D

Thursday, November 24, 2005 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

But what happened after you walked dazedly to get your bathrobe and while doing so, turned around in your room until you were facing the window. And out of the window--saw snow on the ground?

Sunday, November 27, 2005 1:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares