Tuesday, November 22, 2005

So This Morning, When I Lost My Mind...

My Morning
Told in Three Episodes

Episode the First: The Shower
I put conditioner into my hand while looking across the bathroom (our shower “curtains” are glass doors) at the face-wash near the sink. I started thinking about face-washes and put the conditioner directly onto my face as though it was face-wash. But I realized right away what I had done and washed it off.
I got out of the shower and noticed that I forgot to bring a towel into the bathroom with me and had to put my robe on still dripping.

Episode the Second: The Sleep
This made me think, “doodies...my mind is clearly elsewhere. I need to go back to sleep and skip my first class because driving in this state of mind in this weather is a bad, very bad, idea.”
Then I was dreaming... This someone called and her named showed up as That Jewish Girl (or something Jewish Girl) and I didn’t want to take the click but for some reason it just went through and she said, “I see that you don’t really like when people use JAP” and I said, “emhm.”
“Anyway, Helen Chin and I were noticing that we’re mentioned a lot at the beginning of the blog, and I was wondering if my name is there.”
“What’s your name?”
mumble
“What’s your name?”
mumble
“What’s your name?”
mumble
“If you don’t tell me more clearly, I won’t be able to change it…”
There was definitely more to the dream because I woke up with a headache.

Episode the Third: The Smoothie
My head was hurting and I needed something all cool and refreshing. I went downstairs, spoke to my sister, and made myself a smoothie with hot cocoa mix, coffee, chocolate peanut butter, and mocha almond ice cream. After it was done, I poured it into a mug I painted once and stuck a straw in it. But something felt funny on my tongue. It wasn’t quite the same feel as an undissolved ice cube, but it wasn’t anything else. So I spit it out.
It was part of the plastic spoon I had clearly forgotten to remove before turning the blender on.
At that point, I just made myself a plain coffee in a glass cup.
Argh!

9 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it you who once left the plastic knife in the blender?

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:05:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Yes! Yes, that was me!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 6:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is why its better to shower at night than in the morning- im accident prone enough at night- i feel it would be irresponsible and an unnecissary danger for me to attempt to do anything more strenuous than rolling out of bed and throwing on clothes in the morning. additionally, i would keep on telling myself that i didnt really need to shower- i need to sleep more and that situation would be bad news for the jews

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw why cant they use words that are actually words in the word verification- or at least make up something that is semi- pronounceable- its just ridiculous the way they do it- its like they actually think of which letters they can smash together in the most akward manner so that they wont ever be able to make a coherent word
i hate word verification!!!!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im with sara. everytime i plan on showerinf before work, i ewnd up going to work with dirty hair because i convince myslef it doesnt look that bad and 15 more minutes in bed is more important. i always regret that decision 15 minutes later when i actually get up and see my hair. btw, there's a wzxstppb on the loose.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Man, I have seriously smelly friends.

I actually once played hooky because I felt dirty and didn't have enough time to shower. So famjqots that!

Also, Sara, I think it's bizarre that lately I've had to retype my word a million times EVERY time I have to type it in! What's up with that?

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont know but i feel like all the ppl who fail english but dreamed of becoming lexicographers become word verificationers thats why its so skrewed up

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAP was the most over used word in my highschool. For a while i thought that everyone had a vendetta against the lone japanese kid... then i figured it out.

Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am confused. I thought i read something about the word jap today. It must've been from a very old post or something. THat or i am going insane.

Sunday, November 27, 2005 11:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares