Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Last Night

The only light in the room was coming from my clock. The yellow-green numbers shone 2:44. I turned over so that I wouldn't have to see it. I could have just closed my eyes, but ignorance is easier than denial. Besides, my eyes wouldn't stay closed.
My pillow felt like Yacov's stone, my room was stuffy, and my nose was clogged. I reached over to open the window a bit so that I wouldn't be locked in a closed room with trapped cold germs. The wind came into my room louder and occasionally carried with it snow. I felt them on my cheek, droplets of crystallized water frosting my skin and then melting into the artificially heated room air. My sleep still wouldn't come.

Pray that I get to sleep tonight!

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares