Thursday, April 28, 2005

I Heart Books.

Michael's dad passed this along to Michael, who took it, and then passed it along to me. I'd feel like I were doing a chain letter, only I really love reading, so this is pretty cool.

You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

I’m sorry, but I think we all know the correct answer is not which particular book but which particular character. I read Fahrenheit 451 because someone I was friends with then read it for class and couldn’t get over how much Clarisse reminded him of me. That’s right, before Flash Dina, even before Dorkinsky, there was Clarisse (my nickname...and I even have the now defunct e-mail address Clarisse451f!).

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Has there ever been a hotter character, person, place, or thing, than the Beast from the greatest movie ever made (Beauty and the Beast)? Eight feet of hairiness with an amazing library all his own and the ability to push his arrogance aside in recognition of love…it really doesn’t get hotter than that!

The last book you bought is:
Hrm…well, um…I think I get all my books free now that I have friends who buy me books and that I steal books from the Hillel room (just kidding...). No, wait, I’m sure I can recall the last book I bought...Ah, yes! It was Gorilla, My Love by Toni Cade Bambara. Had to read it for Fiction Workshop Class.
The last book I bought voluntarily was this big, fat book called Jewish Literacy by Rabbi Joseph Telushkin. I saw it for sale outside this old library one day on my way to school, and the sheer volume (it’s a fat one) with the words "Jewish" and "Literacy" for the price ($5) was all I needed to convince me.
Actually, the real last book I bought was 100 Great Breads (but we don’t talk about that this week).

The last book you read is:
A History of the Wife by Marilyn Yalom.

What are you currently reading?
You ask a girl with an attention issue during yontif! Oh, there're lots…
Bob Dylan: Lyrics 1962-2001
To My Dear Children
, My Opa (his privately published memoirs)
Never Again!, R'Meir Kahane (Randy lent it to me)
The Israelis, Donna Rosenthal

The Art of the Personal Essay, Philip Lopate
The Kuzari, R’Yehuda HaLevi

Five books you would take to a desert island:
Rambam's Moreh Nevuchim
Beresheit
An empty notebook with an endless amount of pages
Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre

Tips for Survival When You're on a Desert Island and Only Allowed Five Books (I'm sure there's a book like this)

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
Randy doll, Moishele, and Steve--you can all write one up together for
Punks! And why? Does that answer really require an explanation?

2 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, normally I hate chain-letter-type things, but I also find that it's not a good policy to say no to your parents.

And you're reading Meir Kahane. When's the M-16 purchase and the move to Yesha?

Michael

Thursday, April 28, 2005 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Let's just say I read it while I'm on the treadmill at the gym. Oh, it motivates me to pump serious iron!

:)

Friday, April 29, 2005 2:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares