Thursday, June 30, 2005

Quailman!

Last night, a friend said, "goodnight spanky" as I was signing offline. It suddenly hit me that that was something I had heard before on tv. Convinced that Doug used to say, "goodnight Spanky" to his dog, I went on a googlexpedition to find the theme song for Doug.

Doug's dog was Porkchop. Then I realized I was wrong, I was thinking of "goodnight Sparky." The only thing was, I couldn't place it. Another googlexpedition later, and I realized that there was a little something on Sesame Street that went like this...

The mother and father put Gerald to bed and they each say "goodnight Gerald" and then to the dog, "goodnight Sparky" and it goes on and on because this and that happens and anyway, that's what it was from. However, until I figured that out, I came upon this really cool website (linked in my post below) where you can play a bunch of old tv show theme songs and such. It scared me a little that I was able to sing along to a bunch of them, so I thought it would be a little fun to test your knowledge.

Here are tidbits from various songs most of us grew up with, if you can correctly attribute all of them, I will give you a kiss. :)


  1. "When your room looks kinda weird and you wish that you weren't the-re
    Just close your eyes and make believe and you can be anywhe-re"

  2. "Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines
    Raphael is cool but rude, Michaelangelo is a party dude"

  3. "There's something weird and it don't look good,
    Who you gonna call?"

  4. "There is more to life than what you're living,
    So take a chance and face the wind"

  5. "Watch out cause here we come
    It's been a while, but we're back in style"

  6. "The power is yours!"

  7. "doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
    doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo" (hint: Quailman)

  8. "We might solve a mystery or rewrite history"

  9. "Dashing and daring, courageous and caring,
    Faithful and friendly, with stories to share
    All through the forest they sing out in chorus
    Marching along as their song fills the air..."
Yeah, some are easy and some aren't...best of luck!
In 12th grade, we had a contest on the board to see who could draw the best Patty Mayonnaise.

2 original thoughts out there

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

1. wrong
2. correct
3. correct
4. correct
5. correct
6. correct
7. correct
8. correct
9. correct

Good job!

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel really old now. Thanks a lot, Dina.

Michael

Friday, July 01, 2005 10:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares