Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Pictures from DC

On the first day of the conference, Steve made a list of "Quotes." Here they are (although I warn you that some are real and some are fabricated, so read with caution):
"Why is there no mechitza between us? This conference is very anti-Semitic." -Steve
"Oh, I'm so immature...I love Oral Roberts!" -Dina
"Don't make me lick you!" -Steve
"How would you like it if I tied you down and spit in your mouth?" -Dina
"Mmm...warm spittle!" -Dina
"That was uplifting. Wanna f&c*?" -Some random guy to some random girl after a speech
"You're a monkey. A fat monkey." -Steve

And now I have some pictures that are arranged, for your convenience, in a totally random order. AND they're mostly from the last night we were there...so we all look tired and washed out. My apologies. :)

The typical but still purty cool hookah picture. This is from the last night there.
Say hi to Steve who's showing off his tongue's dexterity.
Steve and one of his roommates...they look friendly and nice.
Steve and one of his roommates...Steve looks like a chipmunk. I love this picture. :)
Tzips came to visit me because she's interning in DC this summer. The girl on the right is Alexis. Alexis goes to Tulane. We met her because Steve was asking all the Tulane people, "Do you know the Kosher Eucharist?" Most of them gave him funny looks. But not Alexis! She knows Michael and thought it was funny that we do, too! So here we are...
I just think this picture's hot.
This is Zach. Zach is friends with Alexis because he goes to Tulane as well. He came over to talk to Alexis while Tzippy and I were talking to her and Tzippy gave him a compliment (on his accent, perhaps?) and his response was, "flattery gets you everywhere." So I took a look at his beard and figured, "why the spindleshanks not?" And so I told him that I love beards and that he can join our Bring Beards Back campaign and be our Louisiana rep. Well, just being a rep wasn't good enough and he wanted to be our mascot.
Meet our new mascot:


Steve, what is this?

Zach's a pimp and we all look happy.

Here's one of my favorite pictures because it's just so bad. :)

Steve took this one. Maybe he took it to remember how unflavorful the food was.

I waited about an hour for my parents to pick me up from Newark, so I took some boring pictures of nothingnesses.

All done.

11 original thoughts out there

Blogger Mesiach said...

Remeber the abycoris that you made friends with he rememberd how he knows your name...You zedi was his mohel also...Dina you should totally be a mohel, i bet youll do just fine.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:16:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Oy, that's terrible! He is then the second guy to tell me in the past three days that my zeide was his mohel. :)

It's really apikores.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

logan u see that tounge in the picture? you think nat can resist that...I THINK NOT!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Okay, I'm officially jealous of Nat now!
:)

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

fine you want to use some extraordinary talent of being a musical prodigy go ahead....but remember this i can sing happy birthday in about 20 different languages... a beautiful liberal jewess cannot resist such things...

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 2:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i love natalie portman! that chick could totally drink whole milk if she wanted to :-)

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fame is so great that I am spoken of in the halls of Washington DC! AHAHAHAHAHA I RULE OVER ALL YOU FEEBLE MORTALS

Ahem.

Ha, you met Alexis and Zach. Zach is a cool dude, although I would like to say that although I am not gifted with a Zimbabwean accent, my beard is slightly fuller.

Alexis, of course, is our new TIPAC president, and while we love her, she totally buys into all that AIPAC shit. She's seriously their go-to girl in New Orleans. Whereas I, Master of Snark, quickly ran afoul of that august organization.

Hey AIPAC, are you still tracking me on the blogosphere? Fuck you! You and your cutely-sized bottles of soda! SABAN seminars blow! B-L-O-W!

Er, I mean, I've glad you and Steve have participated in pro-Israel activity and met my friends, Dina. Yes.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:46:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Well then, Michael, you are very fortunate that Zach has chosen the position of "mascot," thereby leaving the position of Bring Back Beards Campaign--New Orleans Chapter Chairperson. And I think the job would do you well. Interested?

Friday, July 29, 2005 10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh so...offering positions without the mascot's permission is so not cool, Dina. Also because of what a distinguished gentleman I am, I visit a barber habitually to keep my beard in check. Yes a barber!
However seeing as I occupy a full-time position as head of the hookah defense league, i would be happy to delegate responsibility somewhat in our bearded endeavours.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:16:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

YAY!!! You are quite the gentleman, I tell you. :)

Thursday, August 04, 2005 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Drew Kaplan said...

Cool, you met my sister (Alexis). Awesome.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares