Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'm Just...Nice to Strangers

I was at the gym today working out my arms when this random guy walked up to me and asked why I was only doing half curls and not full curls. He ended up training me for about ten/fifteen minutes until the guys he was supposed to train showed up.

He's not a trainer with my gym though, and when I asked him if he was, he said, "nah, they don't pay enough." So...he probably doesn't just train for free...so...Anyway, I was reminded of a quote Randy once said to me: "You are unnecessarily nice to potentially dangerous strangers." But still, he was helping me and not even hitting on me. Believe it or not.

I used to have a free trainer at my gym. He was frighteningly in love with me, so he trained me just so that he could help me. But when I say frighteningly, I mean if I came when he was leaving, he'd put his stuff back and train me for an hour anyway. It came to a point, some time when he was saying things like, "so when do I get to meet the king? Y'know, because you're a princess so you're father's a king!" and, "wow...you're so beautiful, I could sit here watching you in the mirror all day..." and, "let me know when you are able to come, and I'll give my salsa class at that time," when I was like, uh...I'll just use the other gym. I've been avoiding him ever since.

The point of that is that I know when a guy is freaky and tonight the guy wasn't freaky, scary, frightening, or even just plain coming onto me. He was just...cool.

2 original thoughts out there

Blogger Mesiach said...

i thought i was the only one to call you princess :(

-still stuck in the south steve

Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to be the one to say it but it is quite possible the man was gay. I mean, gym, muscles, Rockland County, pretty girl... D'ya see what I mean? FAAAAAAABULOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares