Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Allman Brothers Rock as Hard as Ever and as Well as Ever!

I went to see the Allman Brothers tonight with my cousin Zahava. If you get sro seats, you get to sit on the lawn at PNC Bank Arts Center. Here's a gorgeous picture of people sitting on the lawn while Moe was playing.

Moe was really enjoyable. But we didn't go to hear them. We went to hear the Allman Brothers. And since we were not on the lawn (I like seeing the stage when I go to concerts, thank you), we actually got to see the band. I needed to wear my glasses, but that's cool...I usually do.

Anyway, they opened with Jessica. They played a bunch off their newest album; Maydell, Firing Line, Who to Believe. They played an amazingly amazing Sweet Melissa. They also did Hoochie Coochie Man, The Same Thing (I have this on my ABB tape, but the tape just let out its last squeal today), Hot 'Lanta, Statesboro Blues, One Way Out, Blue Sky, and other songs that I'm just not remembering. Their encore: WHIPPING POST! Sigh...it was so amazing. The Allman Brothers are just one of the greatest bands ever, and they don't even seem to age (since they only seem to be getting better with time).

One of the funniest things about ABB concerts is that there is never a line for the women's bathroom and ALWAYS a line for the men's. But the men's doesn't have a little line--we're talking an all the way up the stairs line! It's too funny when you walk into the bathroom and all anyone can talk about is, "There's no line! There's no line! Haha--my poor husband!" "Maybe my boyfriend will understand when I have to wait for bathrooms now!" And so on and so forth.

I asked this beared guy (SO MANY guys with beards) to take our picture after the concert. He took it, and while he handed the camera back said, "HAHA! There's a funny looking man behind you!" So we said, "okay, thanks." And he made a funny face and started laughing. He was either very amused by this "funny looking man" or he was just in the ABB concert spirit...
On our walk back to the car, we passed a sign: Zahava thought that the spiderweb on the side of the sign was stunning and made me take a million pictures of it. Here's one:

After taking our spider pictures, these two random men were like, "hey, if you two girls wanna go back, you can have our passes." They rip something off their shirts. "Just go straight up and through the gate," they tell us. Apparently, they got them from one of their brother-in-laws. We took the passes, but the band had already left. :(
Then we took another picture, because we thought we looked really good (just kidding, because we were wearing our cool passes! Check them out on our shirts!):

After that, we saw this skateboarding dude go speeding down the hill you have to walk down to the parking lot and promptly fly onto his back at the bottom. He looked severly hurt and severly under-protected. Zahava ended up giving him a wad of tissues and we watched him peel his skin off. It was a party.

I do just have to state for the record that this concert was the best I've ever been to. And I don't just say that after every concert.

Now for just coolness's sake, here's a picture from my archives of me and Gregg this past January. I went to see Gregg Allman and Friends at BB King's on 42nd Street with a friend. We stayed outside for Gregg to come out so that I could attack him with my love. He did come out, and while we took a picture together that makes us both look like obese homeless people, I didn't attack him with my love. It was a little surreal for me. Go figure... :)

4 original thoughts out there

Blogger John Bryson said...

I saw the alleman brothers in St. louis once. There was a sweet smell in the air, and I spent 20 dollars on milk and cookies.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:46:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Very funny, ZL. My car's quaintly vintage so it doesn't have a cd drive. Gasp! I know...but I kinda like it. :)

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

dina Greg looks really scared in that picture..it looks like you have a gun to his side and are saying smile for this damn picture and then were going home together.. and if he said know i can imagine you saying Shut up B word (and actually saying B-word not bitch)...

and whats with this rediculous word verfication you added at the bottom it so makes me want to not post comments soo soo lazy oi vey

-still stuck in the south steve

Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Sorry Steve but I was getting spam comments. :(

Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares