Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I Love When the Little Ones Are Fans

My cousin’s daughter Bat-Tzion (aka my pretend niece) has a tendency to rearrange all the things I keep in my room that her little arms can reach. It’s for this reason that I like supervising her visits to my room.
After washing up this morning, I heard Bat-Tzion’s voice coming from my room in the form of, "I want to listen to music."
I walked in and saw her holding my earphone in her ear while simultaneously putting my batteries, necklaces, and pen into the drawer nearest her. I happen to keep my iPod on shuffle, so when I turned it on for her, it was on Sailing (Cross the Devil Seas). She listened for a while, but as it goes with little kids, eventually lost interest and wandered into the living room to eat her fruit.
Moments later, she wanted to listen to more music. This time, I gave her some Dylan thinking that perhaps I could cultivate her taste in music at the impressionable age of two and a half. She didn't like Dylan. I played some Band for her. That wasn't interesting either. At this point I was starting to worry, so I quickly put on In Memory of Elizabeth Reed. Lo and behold, she listened to it almost to the end and shook her behind to the beat. And I had thought there was need for early intervention in her musical taste.


(Just by the way, I have to say that I’m a little disappointed that of the thirteen nights this March that the Brothers are playing the Beacon they’re skipping my birthday. And by skipping, I mean they’re playing the day before and the day after.)

6 original thoughts out there

Blogger MC Aryeh said...

I suspect the Allmans deliberately are not playing on your birthday in order to observe and celebrate the ocassion in proper fashion. They will probably raise a beer to you in a bar that very night...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids love the Beatles.

And I second MC, the Allman Bros are obviously not working that night in honor of your birthday.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:07:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

oy...im disappointed too. i was looking forward to the annual invite the concert in honor of your birthday, to which i would politely decline b/c frankly, i dont have the hotts for greg allman like you do... we always did have different taste in guys

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first, you need to introduce her to the beatles, floyd and the dead. she'll love it, i promise. what kid doesns't?

second, like it was said above, since it is in fact your 21st, the allman brother's are honoring that, so after we go drinking before you're 21, we have a second party on your birthday. one that legally, you can drink at.

afterall, gregg allman is your future husband. maybe he'll even come drinking with us.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

No way Tovs, I'm not even much of a Beatles fan myself. (GASP!) And MC, thank you for pointing out what was so obvious that I couldn't see it. :) And Sara, there is a Let's See the Brothers/Dina's Birthday Bash this year, I just knew not to bother asking you. :) But if you want, you're invited...we're just not getting you a ticket.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i will never understand how you don't like the beatles. and trust me, doni will totally agree with me on the dead.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares