Sunday, January 08, 2006

My Thumb Hurts

I got stitches today. Not in a cool place like across my arm or down my cheek, but on my thumb. I was trying to get the avocado pit out of the avocado for my avocado, tomato, and salsa concoction when the knife slid off the pit and through both the avocado and my thumb. You'd think that while I'm here in Israel I'd at least injure myself doing something awesome like climbing Masada or running through those uneven Old City cobblestone streets or even perhaps getting into a knife fight with an ars (that's slang--I know a slang word!). But no--I do it with a knife.

I can already see in a few years from now, people will say, "oh dear--how'd you get that scar?"
"I cut myself while pitting an avocado."
"Oh."
"...But I was in Israel at the time!"
And with that, I have to conclude that I'm terribly uncool.

3 original thoughts out there

Blogger Sara said...

i have a shnasty scar on my thigh from walking past my bed in israel- which had a sharp piece of metal jutting out of it. it hurt like hell, and it was so unglamorous, but its cooler than my other scars which were either given to me by catty sisters or bike accidents. yea i guess im terribly uncool too

Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i was in israel for three months. my friend jackie and i used to go on all the really hard hikes with the boys. we were the only girls, and they were actually tough hikes. she spained her ankle falling off the bus, and i spained mine tripping in our dorm room.

quite wjbbu of us.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Just make it sound cooler in the retelling...

Them: How'd you get that scar?

You: Oh, that is the Avocado scar.

Them: Avocado? As in the food?

You: Yes. One of the most dangerous kinds of Avocado. We got into a knife fight, and anywhere else I would have been in trouble, but we were in Israel, and after I finished off that ars, an Avocado was no match for me. I ate it whole, even the pit...

Them: Wow. That is a really cool scar.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares