Saturday, January 07, 2006

So This Shabbat, I Stayed in The Old City

I left Randy outside holding the heavy food bag and walked into the girls' Heritage House.
"Hi, can I help you?" the girl working there said.
"Yeah, I'd like to stay here for Shabbat."
"Sorry, we're only for baalei teshuva."
Because, of course, I smell like someone who's always been observant.
"Okay...Can I stay here if there are extra beds?"
"I'm sorry, but we don't let that."
"If there are extra beds?"
"There's an Armenian Hostel down the road you can try."
She really said that, I promise. But I told her that I had my own meals set up and I begged and I pleaded and I cried and she finally relented.

1 original thoughts out there

Blogger MC Aryeh said...

I used to work at the men's hostel, so this is doubly funny - noy just haha but hahahaha...ozkoj?

Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares