Monday, January 16, 2006

Sundays Are Down Days

Leaving Nukes to walk back to where he was staying last night, I got on the bus and found a seat near a window. Headphones in, Stu on shuffle: Last Thoughts on Woodie Guthrie started in the middle…
And lonesome comes up as down goes the day
And tomorrow's mornin' seems so far away
And you feel the reins from yer pony are slippin'
And yer rope is a-slidin' 'cause yer hands are a-drippin'

Just earlier, I was laughing with my cousin about being boy-crazy like I have been ever since I was, oh, about 7. Shortly afterwards, I got a call from my mother that my Israeli cousin had a baby boy. She’s my age, married, and now with a son while I’m sitting in a foreign country having crushes on six or seven guys at a time. So I stopped thinking.

And yer whole world's a-slammin' and bangin'
And yer minutes of sun turn to hours of storm
And to yourself you sometimes say
"I never knew it was gonna be this way
Why didn't they tell me the day I was born"

But you can’t just stop thinking, so that didn’t work. I looked around the bus for some other distraction. Up on the bus driver’s mirror were colorful pictures, like he cared enough about his job to decorate his office, like when people put pictures of their families on their desks so that when work gets long and the hours get late, they remember why they’re there. I don’t have an office, because I need a job.

And you're lookin' for somethin' you ain't quite found yet
And yer knee-deep in the dark water with yer hands in the air
And the whole world's a-watchin' with a window peek stare

Last Sunday I went out with Nukes too and it was just us and I said, “once, I told a friend, ‘you know what I think is possibly the most romantic thing in the world?’ while chatting online, and she called me to make sure I was okay. It took about ten minutes of convincing that I was fine and well and healthy...because I used the word romantic and apparently, that word isn’t me.” We laughed. I needed sleeping pills to fall asleep the rest of the week.

And there's something on yer mind you wanna be saying
That somebody someplace oughta be hearin'
But it's trapped on yer tongue and sealed in yer head
And it bothers you badly when you’re layin' in bed
And no matter how you try you just can't say it
And yer scared to yer soul you just might forget it

I IMed RecipeBuddie and told him that I needed to talk but for no one to hear. He said: Recipe Buddie is now retired. It was great chatting with you all over the years! Kellogg's and Keebler Ready Crust recipes, please visit us at http://www.kelloggs.com/recipes/. His grammar bothered me, so I put my computer down on the floor in my room--the light was already off--and laid in bed until I could sleep. It was a while.

You need something to open up a new door
To show you something you seen before
But overlooked a hundred times or more

And I don't know why I'm writing something personal, but that brings the count to 3/500-something which isn't so bad.

1 original thoughts out there

Blogger Sara said...

personal but well written- clearly dina style
hope ur feeling better!

Monday, January 16, 2006 5:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares