Thursday, March 30, 2006

Cars Can Get Really Dirty

I have a fear of car washes. They ask you to put your car into neutral and then expect it to roll on through while being pelted by this and that and all sorts of crazy things as if it's not going to dislodge itself from the track and end up giving you issues. Which it did the last time I went for a car wash. Halfway through my car wasn't moving anymore and I was sitting at the wheel in a semi-panic. They warn you so thoroughly that you can't press the gas. They put it into your head so many times that my car wasn't moving and I was in the middle of a car wash and I didn't want to do. I did, of course, move my car into drive and hit the gas pedal very lightly, but don't think I wasn't afraid doing it. By the time the wash was done, I vowed to never go through a car wash again.
Then it snowed. And then it rained. My car was covered in dirt and a car wash was imminent. With bated breath (as they say), I made my way across the street from the office and pulled up to the car wash there. It wasn't the place I usually go to, but I was definitely never going to that old place anyway. After pulling up around the gas station I came to a garage and a machine. The machine demanded my money while asking me to hit the buttons for what I want. When I paid, the garage door opened. I pulled up to the green arrow and then it turned into a red X, I stopped. The garage door closed. I didn't move. The whole car wash moved itself around my car so that I could just sit there doing a crossword puzzle. Amazing, Laser wash.

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares