Sunday, December 03, 2006

Conscous Versus Vs. Conscious Verses

My cousin and I were fans of SOJA (Soldiers of Jah Army) since the end of the summer. It's not that we saw them or anything, but that we saw their name. Ten minutes after showing me how cool their name was, Zahava suddenly screamed, "SOJA! SOJA OF JAH ARMY! SOJA LIKE SOLDIER!" The ten minutes earlier "don't they seem cool?" comment had nothing to do with their name, apparently.
Then last night, we had a friend's birthday party at The Lion's Den where SOJA was set to play. The band before them, Fear Nutin' spent half their time singing and the other half screaming, "When I say Fear you say nutin'! Fear!" "Nutin!" "Fear!" "Nutin'!" Anyway, it was really fun and I'm in love with the lead singer for SOJA which is odd because I've never gone for guys with dirty hair down to their tushes. Unfortunately, I just noticed that one review of their album claims that they have "conscous versus." Conscous or versus? I'm not sure which is worse...

3 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dreads actually aren't dirty. common mistake. actually to make dreads, you have to dry your hair out... like wash it a ton. not washing it to make dreads actually takes three times as long, because the grease and dirt from your hair make it harder to knot up. because that's what dreads are, knotty strands.

Monday, December 04, 2006 12:11:00 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

versus is deff worse!
and why would anyone want to give themselves dreadlocks... i have them every time i get out of the shower- thank god for the elchim!

Monday, December 04, 2006 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Well, Tovs, there was a Jamaican girl in my class last semester who let me and a few others know that "beautiful dreads" aren't real rasta dreads because those who really follow the religion aren't supposed to TOUCH their hair. They can't wash it or comb it or dread it, etc. (that's what she said) and since SOJA had long unkempt looking dreads, I figured they were just, well, really religious.

Monday, December 04, 2006 8:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares