Thursday, November 23, 2006

Don't Say Turkey

No one ever told me that the words to A Whole New World are "soaring, tumbling, free-wheelin'" and not "soaring, tumbling, free-willy." And don't think that people haven't had AMPLE opportunities to correct me. I've sung Disney songs with far too many of my friends for this to have slipped everyone's radar. All my life I've been singing it wrong--all my life! It took a subway ride at night with three other friends for me to find out the true words and that "free willy" is "just the name of a movie" and not, as I was lead to believe, the same thing as moving willy-nilly.
In other news it's Thanksgiving Day and my father has the kitchen smelling like something between Heaven and higher Heaven. Did I ever mention that I love food?
Also, if you want to know what's on my mind, here's a story I can't stop thinking about: I was listening to the traffic the other day when they reported that the West Side Highway had been closed for four hours due to a horrendous accident. Apparently, a 31 year-old man was driving a car very fast on the southbound side and hit an SUV. The SUV hit the barrier and bursted into flames. The car went a little farther and then crashed and flipped over. The driver was taken to the hospital and arrested on DWI charges. The man who had been in the passenger seat, 44 years-old, was also rushed to the hospital. The woman who had been in the backseat, the 44 year-old's 41 year-old wife, was killed. And the SUV driver was taken to the hospital as well. Don't you always wonder how things ended up happening? Were they all drunk? Did they not care that their driver was drunk? Was he drunk but didn't want to tell them because it was only 4pm? Did the woman who ended up being killed protest against letting the driver drive because of his inebriated state? Or even worse, did she want to protest but didn't want to feel like the stick in the mud? Did she have any kids? Can't I just let it go and move on?

2 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it makes more sense as free wheeling. are you sure thats not it?

Friday, November 24, 2006 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Surprise! Bursted is in the dictionary. Thank you. :)

Friday, November 24, 2006 3:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares