Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tomorrow I'm Bringing Pumpernickel

This past Shabbos, someone at shul (someone's guest) told me to write up a "shidduch bio." I pretended that I didn't know what it was and acted like she was gracing me with a brilliant new concept. Thanks, but no thanks. Maybe not even thanks. It was funny, though, when she told my mother that she was telling me how to market myself because, and I quote, "every boy needs a secretary and every girl needs PR," and my mother responded that you can see I market myself which she later told me meant that I don't hide away at home but go out and meet new people but sounded to me at the time like I sashay around calling attention to myself.
Today an elderly man sat next to me in the park and told me, when I got off my phone, how other countries are more technologically advanced than the US. He and his wife were visiting from Dallas and they were going to have lunch around the corner with their son who's a stock broker. I don't know why he sat next to me when his wife was on the benches diagonally across from us and out of earshot. At least he went to get her and they walked holding onto each other.
Someone used my credit card on Friday for a purchase of $74 and I can't recall spending that much anywhere on Friday.
I got a craving for falafel so I went to the pita place around the corner from the lot I had my car in. The guy asked me if I go to NYU. After allowing the compliment of how young looking I am pass, I told him I work in the area.
"Are you the girl who called yesterday?"
"No...but I thought about calling."
"You know, we deliver for free."
"$3 orders?"
They're a shwarma place, so I'd never spend more than the price of a falafel. He asked if there are a lot of Jews in my office and when I answered that there aren't, he told me that if I call and order and the guy's going in my direction he can drop it off on the way.
Then I ate a falafel in my car while navigating rush hour traffic. Some days are just like that.

Labels: , ,

6 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your posting style has been a bit discombobulated as of late. i cant keep track when you try to put two unrelated stories in one post- i get hung up on a non-existent connection. please stay simple for my sake!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 3:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm i dont know why my link isnt working?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Um, darling darling ditz...your link doesn't work because you aren't signed into your gmail account so you can't read your own blog.
Also, my brain is frazzled.
In other news, popinjay is also a really fun word. Popinjay. You know you love it.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 3:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need a job this summer. Can I be your PR rep? You know you need one.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm what does popinjay mean? where do u find these finds?
mir: hey!!! i also need a summer job. you can be my summer buddy as your job
haha: my word verification said "tush"

Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

I wish I could claim credit for that...

Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares