Sunday, June 26, 2005

We're Married Unmarrieds

The suggested donation for my high school's Alumnae Brunch was $100 to benefit the library. $100 is a very nice suggestion, but most of us are unemployed college students. I decided I'd give $25, and Mir thought the same.

At some point on the FDR, Miryam realized that (a) she left her envelope at home and (b) she only had a fifty. Needless to say, I gave her my twenty-five and we put her fifty into the envelope I'd brought.

There was one time when we almost bought a movie together at Blockbuster. Then we remembered that we don't, in fact, live together. That's us--the most married unmarried two we know.

2 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still think we should move into an apartment together next year. It'll probably save money on bus tickets and we won't eat...I watched a bunch oif girls doing that today. It didn't look to hard.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

It's harder to starve yourself when you're home than when you're at a function because when there are other people around, it becomes a game.
How many people can I go around saying hi to and entertaining so that no one notices that I didn't take food?
How many times do I need to circulate the room for me to look busy enough that when someone says, "oh, did you get something to eat?" it seems plausible to respond, "I just didn't get a chance, I've been so busy!"
Another tip is to surround yourself with other anorexics. See, if everyone around you were normal enough to get food and talk to each other around a table, you'd have a problem. But put a group of anorexic girls in a room together with brunch and the only people sitting and actually talking to other people over food are the girls who skipped breakfast to eat there and not the girls who skipped breakfast to, well, skip breakfast.
Wow--I'm such a pro!

Sunday, June 26, 2005 7:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares