Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Try This One, Freud

I dreamt last night that we were staying at a hotel. My little brother Joshy, some other little kids, and apparently my parents stayed in one room. I was in the other with the older kids, but I don't remember who they were. All the beds were narrow with white sheets.

I was staring out the window, practically hanging out, looking at the city from the hotel. Of course this is impossible, but I was staring at roofs. One was copper (so it was green now). Across the way, I noticed that there was a roof with a wall and then two buildings touching it to create two other walls, and people on cots like our hotel ones on the ground there. There were even windows in the only wall. Also, there were more beds (mind you, every bed was occupied by a person--some sleeping, some sitting up) up the sides of the other buildings. In my dream I wondered how those people got down.

I noticed I had a few things on the windowsill, and I didn't want them falling, so as I was moving them (the only thing I remember was a stack of cards? baseball cards?) my earring fell out. It had two huge pink pearls set into a gold setting. I quickly ran to the elevators (weird stuff going on in the hall), and went outside. I had watched where the earring landed from my like 18th floor hotel room (only in dreams...) so I went straight over to this parked black car, and got the pearls and setting, which had broken apart on impact, from behind the right rear wheel.

There were old men standing about that car, maybe some were playing chess (that is the ONLY reference to something that happened in my day that I recognize) and they kibbutzed with me for a bit. Why, when I walked back into this very cream color and gold hotel, was I carrying a bundle that included a bra?

The hotel had two different rooms for elevators. One was like floors 1-10, the other 11-20 or something. I went into the lower numbers room, but at the time, I wasn't sure which room it was. Blond Woman comes up behind me, "oh wow--what are the chances I recognize you? Did you ever decide--did you end up going to Hunter?" I had absolutely no idea who this woman was.
"Oh, um, I do go to Hunter."
"Oh, so that's what Debbie was telling me."
My brain clicked with the Debbie--she was my around the corner neighbor's sister. For some reason, my brother's friend (also Debbie's son) came to take my hand and in my dream I wondered why he looked different than usual. It was like his facial features had moved around (nothing drastic, just eyes farther apart than usual...). The elevator door opened and I realized it was for the lower floors, so I left them. While walking away, I wondered if I should have explained that the camisole I was wearing was not because I'd gone otd (hehe) but because I ran downstairs in my pajamas to get my earring. But then, holding the bra was an embarrassment enough.

Back on my floor, there was such weird things going on in the hallway that I fear for my own sanity to rely any of them, lest you all think I'm psycho and I start to think that I'm going crazy. So I went into my brother's room and for some reason, there were only little bodies sleeping under the sheets. I didn't see my parents and the room was dark except for the light coming in from the bathroom. So I went back through the hall and into my bedroom.

It was at that point that our lawnmower men were cutting the grass directly under my very open windows. And so that is all I have.

3 original thoughts out there

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Shnastola. Cruise is gross and Holmes is a freak now.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 6:37:00 PM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

ummm dina my analysis is that you have strong sexual urges for me and i think i should stop being your shrink lest you fall deeper inlove with me. if thats even possible?. (does that have to have a question mark or a period; its a statement and a question at once)

Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

If that's even possible isn't a question--it gets a period. Your only question mark belongs after does that have to have a question mark or a period. Hehe.

Thursday, June 23, 2005 12:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares