Monday, July 11, 2005

In Dreams Begins Confusion

I had a really bizarre dream last night. I can't remember most of it, but the parts I do remember are so weird.

There was this guy and his baby and like five year-old hanging out in my basement because they were homeless. What? Yeah. But really they weren't homeless, so they were clean, they were just homeless for the night. But they were really homeless, and I told them that they had to look nicer, so I was gonna give the baby a haircut because he had these long, long curls all the way down his back (he was like 2 or so). And his hair was blond. So I went away to find scissors to use, and I couldn't find the nail scissors. Then I come back and I have a scissor but it wasn't the one I wanted and a towel to put on my lap and the floor to catch his hair, and there was some old man there yelling at the homeless man that he had to go find a job and go home. The homeless man didn't know what to do (by the way, he and the five year old also had long hair and were gonna get haircuts from me). So then I said to the other man, "oh, they have a place to live and he even has a job," cause I was afraid he'd call the cops on this guy and get him arrested. Then he went away I think and I was gonna give the baby a haircut, but he was protesting. I can't remember the filler details or the other things that went down, but it was weird. I mean, give a baby a haircut? Where am I from, I wonder sometimes.

And question: "in dreams (plural) begin" or "begins confusion (singular)"--which one is it? Ah!

2 original thoughts out there

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Exactly!

I was supposed to be writing a paper on this short story, "In Dreams Begin Responsibilities" when I wrote this post. The only thing is that the author had the easy way out because responsibilities is plural, too.

I think I got it wrong and that it should be begins, but I'm just not sure... :)

Monday, July 11, 2005 1:52:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

You know, Logan? I've been thinking about this all day, and I too decided that I'll go with begins. So there, the title has been changed.

Monday, July 11, 2005 9:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares