Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I Can Write Like a Seventh Grader!

I've come to the conclusion that I'd write pretty cool young adult books. Not just because when I try writing seriously, nothing serious comes out on paper, but because I write in a sing-songy way. For example:
Maribel Lewis owned three fish, two iguanas, and a tarantula. Their names, in respective order, were Cookie, Dough, Ice Cream, Rocky, Bullwinkle, and Sammy. She inherited Sammy when her older brother got married, which is why his name didn’t fit with the others. Maribel's older brother wasn't a very good pet namer. Unfortunately for Maribel, who was, her brother wouldn't hear of her changing the pet's name. Not even to Charlotte, the best spider she thought there ever was.
What, pray tell, is that? I'm not quite sure...but I'll make something of it. I promise, I will. Actually, I don't have much of a choice because my 10-15 page story is due tomorrow at 11am.

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares