Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I Saw the Love of My Life

Walking down Third Ave. on my way to Starbuck's, I saw the love of my life. It was brown leather with embroidery, sequins, and a fur trim around the bottom, sleeves, and hood. As someone with a coat obsession, I do have to admit that I always notice coats. But this one--this one was different.

I stopped into the store and went straight to where I saw the coats hanging. There was one a size too big and one a size too small.
"Excuse me, do you have my size in the back?" I asked the woman working there.
"Oh...you're a __, that's the one in the window. Would you like me to get it?"
I figured it was worth a shot trying the smaller one on first.

The attendant took the coat off the hanger and held it open for me to slip my arms into. I eased the tiger-tooth shaped buttons into the loops, tied the belt in the front, and turned to see my reflection in the mirror. Not only was this the most stunning coat ever, it fit me better than any coat had before it. Its status went from love of my life to soulmate. Sigh...

8 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sure mommy and daddy will buy the soulmate argument

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:47:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

I tried it on for my mother and she agreed that it's amazing.

Yippee!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also bought a coat tonite- its not perfect but hey mediocre is ok for me

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:44:00 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Wow! It sounds amazing........! I love coats too, and shoes!
You should post a picture of your new coat. :) My name is Lauren by the way. I can't remember how I found your blog a while back, but I really like it ! My brother-in-law is at JTS studying to become a rabbi. I wish I lived in NYC, so much fun and great coats!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Lost in Service said...

know any place that will alter a coat? mine doesn't fit too well anymore.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger _ said...

BUY IT.

Rugelach (what I'll always call you) you are a freakin' mega blogger.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 3:55:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Thanks! (Although I don't really know what you mean by that. :))

And...I bought it!

Friday, December 02, 2005 2:38:00 AM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

If seeing it made it the love of your life, and trying it on brought its status to soulmate, does buying it mean you are married to it?

Friday, December 02, 2005 4:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares