Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Niceo Biceo: A History

"Niceo biceo!"
"Huh?" Randy said.

And that's when I realized niceo biceo was before his time.

"What's niceo biceo?" He said. "Is that a pop culture reference? Is it an o-girl thing like braids & string cheese?"

And that's when I realized that niceo biceo deserves a written history.

When I was in high school, I met someone who said things like, "sicky-sick" and "checkity-check-check." Did I think this was cool? Oh no. No, no, no. I thought it was the dorkiest thing in the world. And that's what made it so funny.

Taking cue from that, I wanted my very own made-up way to speak. And so I came up with the following formula:

Using the word "word" as our example...

word
+ O
x 2
- the first letter of the second one
+ replacing it with b
___________
wordo bordo
(Of course, it's pronounced werd-o bird-o, but you get the point.)

Anyway, this wayo-bayo of speaking started around the end of 11th grade and only grew in popularity until graduation. There was hardly a girl I knew who didn't catch on. As a matter of fact, Sara once caught herself saying niceo biceo and then exploded that I'm taking over the world one person's speech at a time.

At any rate, I think it's about time I bring niceo-biceo back.

13 original thoughts out there

Blogger Sara said...

o no! not again! if you bring that back i think it will be time for me to bring back crazy horse - but i think i really overused that one so i dont really want to bring it back
ps. i got a really easy word verification on this comment- why cant they all be this easy???

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! its the return of sara bara!!!!! hey!!! i miss you so much. i can;t wait til we start doing this high school thing again. are we alos gonna start winkign at each other and hitting on each other all day? i missed that part too.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:26:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Hrm...Jar Jar Binks...that's...Star Wars?

:) Just kidding.

And Mir, did you not notice the mention of Ariel, my female boyfriend, a couple of posts past?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:07:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

mir i miss you too- maybe this time i can join the "chest club"? and i dont feel like its right to regress back to high school mode without giving a special shout out to our secret but universal crush: mrs. hottness friedman

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Did I tell you that I saw Ms. Pav.? Serious hotness!

She was a little weirded out by me, I'll tell you, but that's okay. I would be too if someone ran after me down Lexington shouting my name and flailing her arms. Not that I was flailing my arms, but you get the point. :)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys, i had to respond once sara mentioned mrs friedman, the hottest lady in boro-park... oh the memories of highschool, feels like ages ago. Btw Dinz, i think this is the first comment i'm posting on your blog... i feel so exposed :)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

I just want everyone to know that Dina and her jewish friends are conspiring to take my lingo....so please stop trying to use niceo biceo in your slang and take credit for it.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Ahem.

Chaya, this was you.

Nukes...

Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

but its cool that we thought of the same word at the same time.... i think were like busem buddies...(i spelt that wrong for shomer reasons)and for some reason everyone falls inlove with chaya...but one damn marriage proposal and she threw me to the side

Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

firstly, steve i did not throw you to the side- it takes 2 to tango!! secondly dinz, i didn't write that comment, it was one you put up so technically it doesn't count.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Lies!

Lies!

:)

Thursday, November 10, 2005 3:43:00 PM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

chaya does this mean we are back together?

Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

That random girl on facebook is very annoying! :)

Sunday, November 13, 2005 4:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares