Sunday, November 06, 2005

So...Was It Good Last Night?

My 11 year-old brother personally shoulders the burden of worrying about if I'll ever get married. And he's really cute about it. He's let me know on several occasions that he approves of a particular friend of mine. What he's basing this on, I don't know (especially because if he found out this particular friend doesn't play sports, he'd probably drop it), but he's obsessed with this. Anyway, last night I went to see a movie with this particular friend and my brother knew it.

11.06.
1:30pm
knock, knock.
"Hi Joshy."
"Dina, I thought I heard weird music?"
"Just listening to music while cleaning my room."
"Okay. Was it good last night?"
Pause.
Think.
Think.
Think.
"Yes!" Big smile. "The movie was really cute."
"Okay. Wanna help me look for my football?"
"In a minute."
Close the door.
Burst out laughing.

4 original thoughts out there

Blogger MC Aryeh said...

my 11 year old sister is sort of like that, too. So it might just be an 11 year old thing...

Sunday, November 06, 2005 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Hehe. I think it's just a general younger sibling thing, maybe?

But it's sooooooo funny. :)

Sunday, November 06, 2005 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

my 8 year old sister, Rachel, becomes a typical jewish grandmother when it comes to me dating
Rachel: "your name starts with an "s" his name starts with an "s" -you guys are meant for each other !!!"
me: but his name starts with a "y"!
Rachel: so? thats even more perfect!
oy vey!

Sunday, November 06, 2005 11:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think a YOUNGER brother shoves his way into who you should date... the first jerk who is unlucky enough to come looking for my sister (who is 16) will find out very quickly that I may now live in very civilized (well, sort of civilized) Brooklyn, but that I grew up in a place where I could go out back and practice my aim with a shotgun or high powered rifle whenever I pleased. I ate deer and squirrels and chipmunks even! I can throuw a knife like nobodies business and I once took a wilderness survival semi-class on how to hunt rabbits by throwing rocks and branches at them. Good luck to the kid who harrasses MY sister!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares