Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happy 500th!

I was stupidly optimistic when I set my alarm for 10:03 two nights ago. Not only was I up by 8:32 for good, but I woke about five times between then and 5:12. Why, you ask? Because my stomach was tied up in a million tiny and about ten thousand big knots. I think somewhere around 5am it hit me that Miryam and Doni were going to get married and I flipped out. Or maybe it was just my excitement getting tangled up in my tummy. Or it could've been because I dreamt about the wedding and it was an empty hall--just Miryam sitting on a chair in the middle of the dance floor with about 20-something chairs around in a circle and about five or so girls sitting on them and Miryam saying, "I don't know, should we dance?" and all of us looking around for more people.
I was stupidly optimistic again this morning when I broke open a sack of Chanuka gelt for breakfast despite my mother's "don't have that--it'll hurt your stomach. It's too sweet for an empty stomach. I'm telling you, you'll be complaining later."
"Too sweet? Then it's like a bowl of Fruit Loops."
(A) It's not like a bowl of Fruit Loops.
(B) I don't even like white chocolate.
Anyway, my best friend just got married last night and I'll put up some pictures soon, I just wanted to say that this is my 500th post. Which means that I talk a lot because Punks just celebrated its year anniversary and it has yet to hit 500 with many bloggers. I'm just one, and I've only been around since the last day of last February.
And in really, really cool news, I noticed that someone was referred to my site from Israellycool a while back and so I checked it out. Turns out, someone "anonymous" nominated my blog for a JIB Award for the Best Student Life category. I thought that was cool, but I didn't realize how cool it was until yesterday when I noticed that someone was referred to my site from Jpost.com. That's right, they're the other half of the JIB sponsors. We're not going to bet on my winning, but I think it's cool enough to have been nominated. :)
I'm going to pack for Israel now. Yay!

3 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - 500 congrats. That's a number. i was proud when I heit 50 (in in the mid-60's now). You are truly a prolific scribe. keep it up.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i've had my blog (livejournal) since december 18, 2002 (happy 3 year anniversary to my journal!) and i only have 348 posts. including the one i just did.

zsybvd isn't it?

Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:03:00 AM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Who's to say yoou couldn't win? 500 posts is like uwsyrax! At the rate I am going, I will get there in another year and a half...

Monday, January 02, 2006 2:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares