Monday, February 13, 2006

And Then There Was Snow

Thursday night (in the kitchen):
Mother: You know that shabbaton you have this weekend?
Me: Yeah...
Mother: You're not going.
Me: I made a commitment so unless it's cancelled, I'll be there.
Mother: Well, then you'll be stuck there until Monday.
Me: Ma, there's no way it's going to snow as much as everyone's predicting.

Friday night (in the hostess's den, munching on cake and nuts with the other advisors):
Me: Who thinks it'll snow a little and then stop and everyone will realize that it was nothing?
All hands were raised in agreement.

Saturday afternoon: it starts snowing.
Saturday night: the snow speeds up into a storm while I'm driving my (about) 80 mile drive home.
Sunday afternoon: it finally stops snowing...after two feet!

I'd just go ahead and say, "well, I'm no psychic!" but it's worse than that; I didn't believe my mother. And, of course, mothers are always right.

Have a great Tu B'Shvat!

3 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u posted 2wice.
the moral of the story is when your high on nuts, nobody knows what they are talking about?

Monday, February 13, 2006 2:16:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

i got snowed into bklyn- bc im dumb and i didnt think it was actually gonna stick

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

There's no harm in being optimistic of course the lesson you learned is infnitely more valubale:)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares