Sunday, February 19, 2006

Clearly, I'm Not a Bodeist


I will officially admit that the first time I saw this ad, I dictionary.com'ed "bode." Bode means bide and bide means little more than to wait. Needless to say, I didn't get it. I left it alone anyway, figuring that like many other multi-million dollar companies, Nike was just in need of a copy editor and/or I just didn't get it. But after being present for the discussion my mother and brother had about the Olympics over Shabbat, I get it. I finally get it. And y'know what? I still think it's a pretty stupid ad.

8 original thoughts out there

Blogger null said...

HA....See I told you he's everywhere you have been in a bubble. uincv

Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

I'm a marketer and during my studies I hoped I would never be assigned to a fictional Nike campaign! I would have failed cause I ain't getitng it either!

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bodie is an Olymipic Skiier, DUH! :)

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i happen to know who bode is, and i still didnt get the reference immediately. i like nikes commercials that make you want to get off ur butt and run a marathon- the swoosh is nice, but the print ads just dont do it for me

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are the hiking pics!?!?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why did my pic not work: http://academic.evergreen.edu/curricular/geologyandart/students/Aaron%20Cohen.JPG

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

I'm feelin' the hate disguised as sympathy. :) For the record, I usually love Nike ads.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like them. bode's got a lot to say.

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares