Sunday, February 19, 2006

Clearly, I'm Not a Bodeist


I will officially admit that the first time I saw this ad, I dictionary.com'ed "bode." Bode means bide and bide means little more than to wait. Needless to say, I didn't get it. I left it alone anyway, figuring that like many other multi-million dollar companies, Nike was just in need of a copy editor and/or I just didn't get it. But after being present for the discussion my mother and brother had about the Olympics over Shabbat, I get it. I finally get it. And y'know what? I still think it's a pretty stupid ad.

13 original thoughts out there

Blogger Adam Murray said...

i the vast majority of nike ads are absolutley moronic. Do you have those nike tv ads saying "are you going to tell me i'm not an athlete?"

grrrr

Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Baal Teshuva Benny said...

HA....See I told you he's everywhere you have been in a bubble. uincv

Sunday, February 19, 2006 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

I'm a marketer and during my studies I hoped I would never be assigned to a fictional Nike campaign! I would have failed cause I ain't getitng it either!

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Adam Murray said...

maybe this is my dyslexia kicking in, but my first thought was this was being against a certain body type. Along the lines of that bullshit "are you going to tell me I'm not an athlete?" ad campaign.

The imporatnt thing to remember is that this is all but shit

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Gene Machine said...

Bodie is an Olymipic Skiier, DUH! :)

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:39:00 PM  
Anonymous sara said...

i happen to know who bode is, and i still didnt get the reference immediately. i like nikes commercials that make you want to get off ur butt and run a marathon- the swoosh is nice, but the print ads just dont do it for me

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Adam Murray said...

Everytime I see a Nike ad, I want to eat a cheese burger, never exercise and buy shoes made by adults for a fair wage just to spite them.

Eat that Nike!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger nyc pink fashionista said...

The Nike ads are meant to imspire physical activity. I'm with Sara when it comes down to the ads.

In reagrds to Bode Miller, he may be cute but Chad Heddrick and Danny Kass is the real Olympic hotties.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:24:00 PM  
Anonymous aaron said...

where are the hiking pics!?!?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:47:00 PM  
Anonymous aaron said...

why did my pic not work: http://academic.evergreen.edu/curricular/geologyandart/students/Aaron%20Cohen.JPG

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

I'm feelin' the hate disguised as sympathy. :) For the record, I usually love Nike ads.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:14:00 PM  
Blogger Sherbert said...

it took some thinking, but I finally get it. I happen to like it. But advertisements that make you think arent very dwkke

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 2:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like them. bode's got a lot to say.

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares