Thursday, February 16, 2006

So, You Think You Can Tell Heaven from Hell?

I've always been taught that every personality trait has the potential to be used for good or bad. I also always thought that was an easy excuse people could use to give mussar to others. But today, I did it. Today, I "actualized the potential" (direct quote from The Reb) of something in a way to benefit myself and others.
Frustrated about a few things, uneasy about something else, and armed with the irritability level of a thirteen year-old girl, I took my attitude this afternoon and kicked some snowy butt. That's right, that oversized patch of thick ice in front of the garage that was preventing me from pulling in and forcing the other cars in the driveway to readjust the parking equilibrium for the past week? I pounded it with a shovel and put it in its place (scattered across the lawn). It took me about thirty minutes to complete the job, but (a) it was awesome to beat the death out of something, (b) I feel a lot calmer now, and (c) the driveway is mostly ice-free! When you're finished applauding my valiant behavior, I'd like you to call to thank me for the soup I made you and thoughtfully left in the Hillel fridge so that you could have lunch and for the other you to call and apologize for lying to me. You know who you are. And as for the rest of you, have a great day!

5 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I wish
How I wishe you were here
We're just 2 lost souls swimming in a fishbowl
Year after year....

Great title, angry post. i love it.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

so snow is good to let your frustration out on... good to know for when i am in a place where it does get that cold!
love the attitude :)

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:00:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

hahahahahaha.
i was actually just looking at a newborn baby on only simchas last night- and o my god- those babies r ugly! why would anyone post their red squishy squirmy thing for the world to see?

Friday, February 17, 2006 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

I'll tell you why, Sara. Because people have their faces pressed so close up against their babies' cheeks with kisses and kisses and more kisses that they don't realize that newborns are just...not pretty. I happen to think they're cute, but I'd never say they're pretty. :)

Friday, February 17, 2006 2:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you miss quotes from the Reb she sent me a tape for Yom HaChupah. I can dig it up for yoiu if you want...that is if it still exists.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 4:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares