Tuesday, April 04, 2006

And Then My Teacher Laughed

Class was nearly over and it was time to workshop my essay. Looking down, I began to read the first paragraph. "I killed a cat this past summer." My teacher started snickering. By the time I had finished the paragraph, my teacher was laughing out loud. I thought that perhaps she was just twisted and found feline murder entertaining, but over the course of the workshop I learned that most of the class found the essay humorous.
This whole me writing something serious and other people finding it funny has happened in the past. I'm never surprised anymore when people laugh while I do in-class readings because apparently, I can be funny. Now I just have to figure out what direction to take the essay in for my revision...

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares