Sunday, June 04, 2006

G9!

To sum up my last week, I will replay a conversation I had on Wednesday.
Me: Hi Doni, I'm calling to wish you a happy birthday.
Doni: Oh, um, it's not my birthday.
Me: But I thought on Shabbos Miryam was saying that your b-day's on Tuesda...oh.
Doni: That was really cool because I actually just heard your brain click.

Anyway, I spent Shavuot in Pennsylvania where I met the most adorable 5.75 year old in the world. He sang like a star and break-danced for me. Then we hung out on Shabbos and, I'll admit, were a little wild (he was jumping off the porch which was about three feet off the ground at least and I was catching him and then twirling him around really fast). Later in the day, he said to me, "we're always together...like we're married." Collective sigh.
G9 was the bunkhouse I stayed in for the Shavuaton. We were the best bunch because we were all friends and if we didn't know someone, we were mutually friends with all the rest of the people. So we made a cheer: G9! We're so fine! We're so fine we blow your mind! G9!
Anyway, Shavuot was ridiculously amazing. Between the learning I did, babies I held, little kids I played with, and new friends I made, it was the best campy experience of my life. :)

And the award for best tidbit of conversation overheard from across the room goes to...
Eli: Oh look, a crumb.
Chaya: Eat it.
Eli: No way.
Chaya: I dare you to eat it!
Eli eats the crumb.
Chaya: EW! I would never eat something I found on my blanket!

5 original thoughts out there

Blogger Simone Veronelli said...

Hi, I'm going to write you from Italy.
Surfing in the web looking for Emmylou news I've find your blog.
You seem to be very amusing and full of life, so I 've thought to do a little gift.
Saturday Emmylou and Mark had a concert At the Arena, in Verona.
They had been great and very, but very beautiful.
If you want to listen an extract of the live concert, visit my blog.
Hi.
Simone

Monday, June 05, 2006 7:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like u were in moshava. u would have liked it as a camper

Monday, June 05, 2006 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

haha! I don't know about that Yimps...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what makes u think not?

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

I would have been out of control if I had gone to a coed camp when I was younger. Hehe?

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares