Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I Love Emmylou Harris

I just want to write something for Emmylou Harris, the woman whom I'd marry for her voice if I weren't already betrothed to Gregg Allman for his. You see, yesterday my father told me that he bought two new cds. One of them is Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris. Then my father looked at me and asked if I knew who Emmylou Harris is.
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" I said, "I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER!"
"You're kidding me, right?" My father said.
And I was actually very much not kidding. You see, there are some singers or musicians you hear in a few different places and fall in love with them all over, not realizing at the time that it's the same person. Emmylou Harris? Did you see her in The Last Waltz? I watched her sing "Evangeline" with The Band a million and a half times more than most of the other songs on the dvd. And then one day I discovered Dylan's song "One More Cup of Coffee." I listened to it over and over, trying to grasp the beauty of the woman's vocals on the track. The woman, I later discovered, was Emmylou Harris. And to top it all off, she has a cd for sale at Starbucks (where I've been making too many appearances to get my work done) that I was considering buying. So basically, I just wanted to give her a shout out. :)

3 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well and good, but do you know who Mark Knopfler is?

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 2:22:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Actually, did you know that Knopfler's dad is Jewish? Is his mother, too?

Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you believe Emmylou is about 60! She is quite sensous looking

Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares