Friday, July 28, 2006

An Ode to Chipwich

I went to the pet store this afternoon intending to buy some more food for my fish. After picking out the right pellets, I followed the squeals and chirps to the bird section and fell in love at first sight with an umbrella cockatoo. I looked up at him and he immediately ruffled his feathers up for me. Then he jumped back and forth and up and down and ran around his cage a few times showing off. The best was when he stood in one place and shook his booty to the music (Rolling Stones). The whole time, of course, he was staring at me as attentively as I was staring at him.
Someone working there took him out and held him so I could pet him. Eventually, when we were comfortable with each other, I took him from her. We cuddled. He scratched my hand. He walked up my arm. He tried biting my shirt a couple of times. I babytalked him. It was love, I tell you, LOVE. Now all I need is a $1650 donation so I can purchase him. Anyone? Anyone?
This isn't my bird, but this one is almost as cute as Chipwich (that's what I named him).

3 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you want, you can have my sister's cockateil for free.

trust me, they're all the same when it comes down to it.

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know how the internet works. Post some suggestive photos on myspace, and I guarantee you that several middle-aged white guys in their mother's basements will send you the money for Chipwich.

Ends justify the means! Chipwich will have a loving family!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Now that you mention it, I do still have that love scar he gave me with his nail...

Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares