Wednesday, August 09, 2006

קוּמִי לכי (לָךְ) רַעְיָתִי יָפָתִי, וּלְכִי-לָךְ

Anyway, I just wanted to wish a chag sameach to all those who love Tu b'Av as much as I do. When I was dressing at 7 yesterday morning (after not having slept a minute the night before) my mind was as far as possible from remembering it was the day before Tu b'Av and I accidentally wore all white. It wasn't so bad because about 70% of my summer wardrobe is white and I was still able to wear (almost) all white today...as was the tradition among the bnot Yisrael.
Cheers to those taking advantage of the mazal associated with this date. I should probably get a little tefillah in before the day's end. Not that I don't all the time... :)

3 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you also dance in a vineyard?

Did you also exhort single guys to focus on your beauty or your lineage?

Or did you simply close your eyes and say "Take me for the sake of Heaven?" :)

Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. i was so excited to come back to camp after my day off on tu b'av. in previous years, it was an opportunity for even more flirting than usual under the tree. unfortunately, this year, someone scheduled topsy turvy day on the same day- and i looked like an idiot as the only one decked out in all white.

Friday, August 11, 2006 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

As a matter of fact, I did dance in a vineyard! :)

Friday, August 11, 2006 3:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares