Wednesday, August 02, 2006

But All Are Agreed as They Join the Stampede--You Should Never Take More Than You Give

My house is so cold it can singlehandedly keep New York cool. As a matter of fact, it's so cold that I felt the need to go outside in order to warm up. I went out back just for a minute and realized that I hadn't gone on the swing set in ages. The last time I went on a swing was two summers ago when I was at Camp Moshava for the Hillel Leaders' Assembly. But since then? Never.
I got on the highest swing so that I wouldn't break my toes and started pumping my legs. I couldn't help but sing to myself (Nants ingonyama bagithi baba, sithi uhhmm ingonyama. Nants ingonyama bagithi baba, sithi uhhmm ingonyama. Ingonyama. Siyo Nqoba. Ngonyama nengw' enamabala, ngonyama nengw' enamabala, ngonyama nengw' enamabala, ngonyama nengw' enamabala...From the day we arrive on the planet and, blinking, step into the sun there's more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done. There's far too much to take in here--more to find than can ever be found...) and it was pure and simple bliss.
Actually, speaking of the Lion King, I recently found the most beautiful song ever online. I'm not sure if it's African or Dutch (note to self: ask Gal if the words are Dutch) because it says that it's the Nederlandse Lion King cast, but it might just be one of the African songs. But it's amazing. And the man who sings the opening for Circle of Life, Lebo M, has many other gorgeous songs that Limewire helped direct me to. Thank you, internet.
Anyway, I was thinking about how recently I told my mother that when my sister and I were younger, our goal was to get the swing high enough to flip around the bar at the top of the swing set. I thought I was letting her in on our little secret, and I actually debated with myself for some time before I told her. She simply looked at me and said, "I know." I can solidly say that was the exact moment I lost all hope in mankind. Then I probably had a piece of pie or something and my hope was restored. I don't know where I'm going with this.

0 original thoughts out there

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares