Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Knock, Knock! Who's There? Keith. Keith Who? Keith Me, My Thweet Preenth.

There's always the possibility that my children will not inherit my awesome sense of humor. But I like planning for the best, so I have come up with a plan. I can have my first kid on 07-08-09. Get it? Because 7 ate 9! Which is the punchline of the greatest joke ever.
You must be asking, "are you sure that's the greatest joke ever, Dina, that seems a bit much?" And to you I respond, "yes. Yes indeed." It has simplicity, brilliance, and was there under your nose the whole time.
Just imagine the possibilities! Someone will ask, "so, when's your birthday?" and my child will respond, "why was six afraid of seven?" Naturally, the someone will be confused and say, "pardon?" Ever calm, my child will repeat "why was six afraid of seven?" Awkwardly, the someone will offer "because seven ate nine?" and my child will shout "THAT'S MY BIRTHDAY."
To quote a friend, "Dina's plan proves her to be on par with Newton in brainial capacity."

Labels: , ,

3 original thoughts out there

Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Mir told someone that sometimes I'm funny and other times I think things that no one else think are funny are funny. Try breaking that sentence down into English. Oh yeah.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha- it took me a while bc im spazzy like that (i thought 07, 08, 09 were references to years not day/month/year)... but now im laughing
but just to look at the realistic/pessimistic side- the odds that your kid will think of that on their own are pretty slim and how much more disturbing would it be if there was all that potential for a great joke and you had to feed the lines to your kid. even worse- what if your kid still didnt get it. scary thought- kids are dumb

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Dear Sara,

Despite your obvious lack of understanding for the amazing nature vs. nurture argument that posits that my children will figure this out on their own most definitely because either they will have my nature or they will be raised by me and my silliniess comes out most fully when kids are involved, I will go hiking with you tomorrow.

Love your fellow Wednesday Afternoon Hiker,
Dina

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares