Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I Also Would Have Gone with any Green Phone

I told the Verizon man that I had been eyeing the shock-resistant, dust-resistant phone that could be submerged in water for 30 minutes before breaking. He told me it was really for construction men.
"Well, I'm really klutzy with my phone."
"Yeah, but I'm sure..."
I held up my bruised, beaten, and antenna-less phone. "This is my third in two years."
After discussing the construction man phone and realizing that with the car charger, earpiece, and etc. features it was an additional $50 over the already expensive price I was willing to pay for solidness, we took a walk over to the other phones.
"This phone's solid. I go on what people bring back and no one brings this phone back."
He held up one of the nerdiest looking phones in the store.
"Yeah, but it's...not so aesthetically pleasing..."
"But if you're as clumsy as you say you are, you might want to consider this."
So I went with the nerdy looking phone. I'm as embarrassed of being embarrassed of it as I am embarrassed of it.

Labels: , ,

4 original thoughts out there

Blogger sara said...

oohhh - whats his/her name?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:54:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

My iPod's name is Stu. I don't know what my phone is...it doesn't have a name yet. Soon, I'm sure, it will come.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:44:00 AM  
Blogger AdamDmurray said...

Leonardo.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's nerdy you should give it a really cool name so that people think its one of those undercover cool phones.

Friday, March 16, 2007 10:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares