Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Like She's All Powerful

Recently, someone I know asked me why I'm not married yet. He asks me this often, so I decided I'd skip the usual answer and be honest. I told him it's because I had seen my soulmate the night before but couldn't work up the nerve to go over and talk to him. When he asked why I hadn't, I told him I didn't know. But I'm pretty sure it had to do with me being tired because it was late and sober because I was only drinking soda.
"Why didn't he come over to me? I guess I was thinking maybe he wasn't interested in me."
"Y'know how you can tell if a guy is interested in you?"
"How?"
"If you catch him trying to glance in your direction. Because then you know he keeps wanting to look at you but he doesn't want you to know that he wants to look at you."
"I think he saw me."
He then advised me that I should have walked past the guy.
I told him I did.
"Oh, well then I don't know."
"I should have gone over."
"No. Because if a girl walked up to me I'd be scared of her like she's all powerful and stuff."
"Yeah," I said, "but I'm not thirteen." Then I asked him for more M&Ms and he continued telling me about how his shabbos was.

Labels:

2 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The moment I saw you I knew you were the one. I was about to walk over when a voice in my head stopped me.

“Wait, don’t do it. She’s not strong enough. I need someone all powerful.”

So like Eliezer I gave you a test. Had you of walked over I would’ve known you were the one. Instead I had to throw you back into the sea until you grew-some.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:00:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

If only you had told me about the test! I'm really mostly a deadline/bottomline sort of person, so I really need to know what's required of me and by when I need to have it done. What a shame.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 11:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares