Monday, August 29, 2005

My Friend's Shower

I had a bridal shower for a friend yesterday. I need to say what we did there so that people understand why I love this girl. After taking food, we all moved over to the tables where the centerpieces were baskets of markers. The two close friends who arranged the shower explained that they know Ariella's just a little too deep to enjoy a shower of just opening gifts. Instead, we were all going to do something for charity! The project was to color pillowcases for children in hospitals (the pillowcases were from an organization in the memory of this little girl who died when she was only 7 or 8) so that they wouldn't have just boring white ones.

I've been to a few showers this past year (or two) and we never did anything worthwhile. So kudos to the girls who planned the shower, and I hope the child who gets the pillowcase I made has such a quick refuah that she or he won't need it.

3 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. that's really special. I'm so upset I could not be there.

Monday, August 29, 2005 4:52:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

At a bridal shower, you shower the bride with gifts. At a baby shower, you shower the mother with gifts for the baby. And so on and so forth...:)

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

HAHA! A bridal shower isn't the same thing as a bachelorette party! :)

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 1:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares