Friday, September 16, 2005

Oh, Babies...

My mother told me that she saw someone from our neighborhood at the manicure place. She asked how my older sister's doing and if I'm starting to think about settling down. My mother's response was somewhere along the lines of, "Settle down? Dina can't wait to drive carpools and bake chocolate chip cookies and take care of a household." The woman, apparently, was very surprised.

It's funny how people really think that my sister's this balabatish kinda person and that I'm some ambitious, um, person. My sister would run a business in a heartbeat while I'd rather take the slow lane.

So I told my mother that while walking to school on Thursday, I thought, "I need a man who's ambitious so that I don't have to be." The truth is that I just don't like being stressed out. There are people who thrive on it (my sister) and others who don't. My mother (whom I am more like than anyone I know, I started to (happily) realize recently) told me that she is the same way--she just didn't realize that until after she had two babies while teaching and trying to keep a clean, neat house. I said, "yeah, so I'm the smarter one." :)

Anyway, the moral of my story is that I want to have a baby. Have a Shabbat Shalom.

6 original thoughts out there

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should consider re-naming your blog - Iwannahavababy.blogspot.com. Just a thought when i have nothing else of value to add...

Saturday, September 17, 2005 9:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah hah hah hah to elster.

seriously though, i didn't know there were people in this world who didn't know you wanted to have a baby. i mean, i think that's one of the first things i knew about you. other then you wanting to marry gregg allman.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Yeah, Elster--that's hilarious. But then my parents would kill me. Other than that minor detail, I will consider changing it. :) As for you, Tova, I am SHOCKED that you did not know that people don't know that I want a baby. SHOCKED! My father thinks there's something slightly off in my brain because I'm so baby obsessed--he'd never tell people. And my mother doesn't walk around advertising it either (she was the one who threatened to lock me in my room when I was 16 if I'd say, "I want to have a baby" one more time). And my teachers and classmates don't know. Granted, all those are people with whom I've never had a conversation past five minutes with. But regardless, this is all pointless because the bottom line is that I'm perfectly psychologically sound and still want to have a baby.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um yeah, of course you are....

Saturday, September 17, 2005 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger Mesiach said...

mmmm can u imagine me in pampers

Sunday, September 18, 2005 1:58:00 AM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

By the way Elster, look at what I found: http://iwanttohaveababy.blogspot.com/

Sunday, September 18, 2005 1:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares