Wednesday, December 21, 2005

If My Head Pounds One More Time, I'm Going to Go In There to Stop It

Take two nails and place them on the sides of your head. Now, take a hammer ( you might be tempted to use a drill, but a hammer is more to the point) and bang them into your head. Not only will your skull shatter, but you will know how my head feels right now.

I had a headache last week from Monday until Friday. It went away over Shabbos and returned on Sunday. Sunday night and Monday night I took Tylenol PM before going to sleep and the headache dissappeared. Then, I go ahead and have this weird dream last night that causes me to--you guessed it--wake up with a headache.

I know I already posted a dream this week, but this one is bizarre:
I was driving in the city and it was all gray everywhere. The roads were covered in packed snow and it was very slippery. I got out of my car and walked up to these two girls who were playing in the snow right outside their garage (at this point it was still the city in theory, but it was actually a street that I’ve had in my dreams before and they had the last house on the left) and I asked the smaller one, “excuse me, is there a shortcut through the woods? I hear there is. Is it usable?” and she looked at me and didn’t respond as if to say that she doesn’t talk to strangers. I looked up and the taller one said, “sure, come this way.” The two of them lead me to the edge of the property and I saw that you sorta had to jump down to this path because the snow was very high and the path was yellow, and it was still a very gray place, so I asked them, “but is this safe? Is it okay?” and the taller one said, “You should be fine.” (Or something like that.)
I jumped down to the yellow brick path and as I was walking, I was wondering why I was going this way since it was in a woods and I didn’t have a phone with me--perhaps it wasn’t safe. And it wasn’t gray anymore, now it was so colorful it was almost “Technicolor” (if you know what I mean). Instead of things being colored how they should there were patches of yellow and patches of green and patches of colors and there were these big poofy things, I remember--like a plant.
I heard a funny noise to my right and saw a parrot. There were gloves hanging over the branch ahead of me, so I put them on (the thick leather ones they wear to hold hawks kind of gloves) and the parrot flew to my arm and I felt its claws dig through to my arm. As I walked more, it walked around my arm and around my back, hurting me with its little pinpricks.
We got to the edge of the path/woods and we were in my old bungalow colony. Just, there were trucks driving around and the weird thing is that it was like a drawing done as an exercise of perception. There were lines everywhere and the roads kind of came to a triangle head at the lines and the trucks were all flat. But as we stepped into this place, the parrot squawked, “the real world: welcome to inspirations and miracles!”
I said, “There aren’t any miracles anymore. There are no more miracles. And as for inspiration, that’s just something people make up so that they don’t feel as bad that there are no miracles.”The parrot kept squawking incoherently and I started crying while marveling at how the world looked like a flat drawing. And then I woke up with a headache.

5 original thoughts out there

Blogger Sara said...

omg- dinz its scary how much were twins- i have also been getting these crazy headaches at night, temples throbing and all. so being that these headaches have been keeping me up for an avg of 2 hours a night, i took myself to a doctor- bc couple the hours of headache tossing and turning with my intermitent spurts of insomnia, and i haven't been sleeping so much. and apparently i have sinusitis- what the heck is that???

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

WE ARE TWINS!

I had sinusitis when I was younger! It made me faint, so watch out. This is what my 7 year-old mind knew: Sinusitis is when you sniffle instead of blowing your nose and push all your mucus up into your brain. Then, your brain is clogged with mucus and you function slower and, well, faint. :) I'm sure if I went to the doctor now, the explanation would be different (like that your sinuses are inflated, maybe), but that's what I've got.

Take good care of yourself.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger MC Aryeh said...

mucus in your brain sounds just ever so slightly better than hammering nails into your head to shatter your skull and feel headache sympathy....but I love the randomness of your dreams!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The way you write it, it sounds like a wonder of a quest dream, but from the end it seems like you didn't quite dig the quest. Someone mentioned once (I don't know whether to give it stock or not) that what happens in the dream isn't as important as how you feel about it.

Inspiration, incidentally, literally means to "breath in"... I find that alone to be inspiring.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 5:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the middle you sounded like Dorothy. Were you wearing the Dorothy dress you have? I suppose it would be uncomfortably drafty what with the snow...unlike a kilt which is warm and cozy for some reason.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares